When a connection is made to the public water system and to another source containing non-potable water, a backflow preventor is installed to keep the non-potable water from contaminating the public water system. A backflow preventor must be used when installing irrigation, auxiliary water systems, or cooling systems.
Backflow Prevention and Cross Connection Control Installation
Water Genius Systems Inc. can install backflow preventers and cross connection control systems for residential and commercial systems. Household plumbing can also require backflow prevention, this will protect your family from backflow of toilets, laundry sinks, outdoor faucets, lawn irrigation and even heating and air conditioning systems.
A 2003 study from the University of Southern California Foundation for Cross-Connection Control and Hydraulic Research (USC-FCCCHR) determined the degree of protection against backflow that is present in today’s homes.
The results are summarized as follows:
- 9.6% of the homes surveyed had direct health hazard cross-connections
- 73% of the homes water uses had unprotected cross-connections
- 95.7% of the homes had either a direct or indirect cross-connection to a health hazard
- 91% of the homes had unprotected hose bibs(outside hose faucet)
- 43.6% of the homes had heating/cooling systems with health hazard cross-connections
Protect your family with a certified backflow prevention system from Water Genius Systems Inc.Certified Backflow Prevention Repair
Water Genius Systems Inc. technicians are certified for testing, repair and replacement of backflow prevention devices for both commercial and residential environments. Contact Water Genius Systems Inc. for 24-hour emergency service.